Wild Goose Reflections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's Love Poured Out

2 posters

Go down

God's Love Poured Out Empty Re: God's Love Poured Out

Post by kev Mac Tue May 17, 2016 1:00 am

Here are the study questions. What touched you?

How does the reality of God
being Love change your view
of God, love, and yourself?
All “love” is not the same.
Consider for a few minutes the
meaning that today’s culture attaches to “love.”
Compare this to the
Love of God.
It is the Love of
God that gives
beauty and meaning
to the human person.
How do we experience
this and share it?
What can you do to help
facilitate a rediscovery of the
Love of God and the dignity of
the human person?

kev Mac
Admin

https://wildgoosereflections.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kev Mac Sat May 21, 2016 4:48 pm

For me, really knowing how much God loves me changes everything. The "knowing" I speak of is a heart knowledge. Intellectually, knowing His salvific work, yes, it is helpful. But when my heart really grasps an insight, a hint, into the immensity of His personal love for me, well, everything changes. What I once struggled to do out of duty or obligation, I gladly do now out of love. For me, it is the difference between battling for virtue, because I should and having the opportunity to do something for my lover, because I can: battling thru life versus dancing thru life.

The battle does not really go way, its just easier for me to battle as a response to love than it is if it is merely my Christian duty to do so.

I try to let the world know, one person at a time, about God's merciful love. It is the Good News, the Gospel message! It is what will lift people out of themselves and their particular difficulties. It is the truth that can bring joy to all peoples and in all circumstances!

What an awesome mystery!! What and awesome gift. What an awesome God!!

kev Mac
Admin

https://wildgoosereflections.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkM Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:23 pm

I'm not touched yet. I want to be. I have this problem of getting my head out of the way so these truths can reach my heart.

Therefore, my views of God, love, and myself are unchanged.

The love of God is agape. This kind of love in our world is sparse. I know most of the time my "love" is motivated by self-interest, or at least isn't purified of selfishness.

In order to love like God, I know I have to open myself up to receive it first. You can't give what you don't have. I imagine once a person experiences God's love so intimately on a regular basis, he is able to see the world with God's eyes and will nothing but the ultimate good for others - with a tenderness of God's own heart.

If I am to help bring this kind of thing about, I'd have to experience myself, then grow in joy and boldness. Otherwise, I will struggle to share this with others.

MarkM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum